Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Searching For An Old Sensei

Likes (received)

Default Searching For An Old Sensei

Hello

My name is Taran McCarnun and I was wondering if anybody in the Shorinji kempo world could assist me with a little research I am doing. A couple of years ago a great friend and mentor of mine passed away unfortunatly before he died we never had chance to formally write out our styles lineage and as such we are trying to rebuild a few missing links in order to give those Sensei past the recognition they each deserve.

The names of the individuals we are searching for are as follows, and as far as I can tell the training took place sometime between 1956 - 1973:

Sasua Kabasu (Shorinji Kempo)
    Katsu Hanatubi (Shorinji Kempo)

I appologise now for any spelling mistakes in the names, the writing in journals of my old Sensei is rather faded.

Thanks for any help in this matter

Taran McCarnun
    "You call me Ronin because I serve no Master... I am my own Master"

Likes (received)

Would that be Shorinji Kempo training that took place in Japan?
    David Noble
    Shorinji Kempo (1983 - 1988)
    I'll think of a proper sig when I get a minute...

For now, I'm just waiting for the smack of the Bo against a hard wooden floor....

Likes (received)

Unfortunatly I don't have that information at this moment in time. My old Sensei travelled all over the world and especially the middle and far east.

To the best of my knowledge there have not been many Shorinji Kempo Sensei of Japanese birth teaching in the UK. And those that have are normally listed on the official Shorinji Kempo UK websites... once again most records of Shorinji Kempo Sensei in the uk don't seem to go back that far.

I have tried e-mailing various japanese pages with regards to this but as I am unable to read much Japanese (And almost no Kanji) it has proved difficult, and as yet i have had no responses.

Will keep everyone posted once I can get more details

Thanks

Taran McCarnun
    "You call me Ronin because I serve no Master... I am my own Master"