Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New MA shown on UK TV

Likes (received)

Default New MA shown on UK TV

Hi. Thought you might be interested in a new TV series that is to be screened in the UK tonight:

Mind, Body and Kick-!!! Moves
    "Martial arts expert Chris Crudelli travels through China, Japan and the Philippines in his search for the original Masters of martial arts disciplines. He learns about ninja, tai qi, kung fu, the deadly dim mak and many more."

Sadly for the digitally challenged (which includes me ) it is currently only being shown on BBC3.
    Richard Dawson

Likes (received)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/tv/min...rs_japan.shtml

wow... looks like a great line-up!!
    (too bad I dont have cable )
    Mingshi (Jenny) Wan

Likes (received)

Looks like I'll be breaking out the video tapes then...

After I've recorded it I will let people know about charges and such.

And it's not pirating before people start, I've just payed £104 for my TV licence just to own the damn thing from the BBC, I take as much as I can.

Rev. Matt Boxall AKA Dr. Stupid

*Puts on wizard hat and robe*

Likes (received)

Cool

On a TV- and MA- related note - any of you lot catch the "Weapons that made Britain" series on Saturday evenings (Channel 4 I think)?

They are presented by a bloke who is obviously heavily into the whole western-MA re-creation thing. The programme has included plenty of scenes of the presenter clobbering his mates with assorted medieval weaponry.

In the last episode (about armour) he took a dive off a cantering horse wearing full plate, which I thought was amusing.

The episode about shields included a segment in which he "fought" using a German judicial duelling shield, which could be used to strike, stab, grapple, or sweep an opponent off his feet.

Trés cool.
    Cheers,

Mike
    No-Kan-Do

Likes (received)

If the German judicial combat interests you, get this book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1853...08#reader-link

It's a modern translation of an extensively illustrated book written in 1467 in Germany, specifically covering fighting techniques for weapons used in German judicial combat, including the shields you mentioned and other weapons in use at the time.
    Gareth Bull
    Melbourne, Australia

Likes (received)

Cool. Thank you.

Anyhoo - I just switched BBC3 on, to find a bunch of guys swinging weights from their knobs.

Meanwhile, Eurosport is showing K1. Think I'll stick to that.
    Cheers,

Mike
    No-Kan-Do

Likes (received)

A set top box is only £50 from Index shops, ot you could get Sky TV installed for £10 including the receiver and you get about 20 odd free channels.

Matt, you should be like moi... I do not pay for the licence as I am a scrooge lol
    "people speak of fallen angels. The Bible, in Genesis, mentions these fallen angels as sons of God, or in some Bibles they're called the Watchers. These were an entity, an incubus-type spirit which impregnated the women of the Earth and produced this race of people called the Nephilim. They supposedly taught man of war, magic and astrology." Carl McCoy

W.H. Northcote

Likes (received)

Question

Here in Holland we can watch programs which have been broadcasted by the public television station on the internet (omroep.nl for those few dutchies who don't already know). You British people wouldn't happen to have a simular service ?
    Jouke Hulzenga

Likes (received)

Originally posted by Jouke
    Here in Holland we can watch programs which have been broadcasted by the public television station on the internet (omroep.nl for those few dutchies who don't already know). You British people wouldn't happen to have a simular service ?
    No. For some reason the UK do not like to broadcast as we have to pay to watch TV. We have to pay for the BBC to make programmes while ITV and Sky TV get their money from advertisments. So even if there was a UK internet station broadcasting TV from the UK, the governmnet will still ask us to pay for the licence. This will include the computer add in for getting TV onto your monitor. Even that has to be payed for.
    "people speak of fallen angels. The Bible, in Genesis, mentions these fallen angels as sons of God, or in some Bibles they're called the Watchers. These were an entity, an incubus-type spirit which impregnated the women of the Earth and produced this race of people called the Nephilim. They supposedly taught man of war, magic and astrology." Carl McCoy

W.H. Northcote

Likes (received)

HI

every one can sit back and be greatful they cant see it

It was complete garbage.

He is a mix between a bad version of david blaine and a second rate stage act. It was very badly done.

his street act was in front of work men showing off breaking tiles, and having them stand in complete awe at his attempt to not completely break every one - but he did set fire to them first wow.

One chinese guy was throwing chop sticks into plywood which was interesting. another chinese exposed all the scams pulled off at demos.

It was very badly presented and didnt come close to discussing or presenting any aspect of martial arts.

The bit I liked most was trying to tell soem door men how to fight. one of them looked like he could rip the pesenters head off in the blink of an eye. I was just imagining if he had come to the night club I used to bounce off, the guys would have been laughing at him uncontrolably and given him a leg and a wing out of the door for his incompetence

My suggestion is to give the rest fo the shows a miss.
    Paul Richardson - Shidoshi
    Bujinkan Lincoln Dojo

Likes (received)

What Paul said, was a bit pants to be honest.

I stopped recording that channel and switched over to QVC to look at the nice carpet cleaners

Likes (received)

HI matt

are you saying what i have written is pants or that the show was pants.

I went and put the kettle on for a cup of tea and sat outside in the rain. more fun that that show.

dreading seeing what he does withhis visit to the bujinkan hombu. I will cry
    Paul Richardson - Shidoshi
    Bujinkan Lincoln Dojo

Likes (received)

Originally posted by poryu
    HI matt

are you saying what i have written is pants or that the show was pants.

I went and put the kettle on for a cup of tea and sat outside in the rain. more fun that that show.

dreading seeing what he does withhis visit to the bujinkan hombu. I will cry
    No dude! I ment what you said was a great sum up of what it was! I should have used 'its' instead of the comma

The show was pants to the extreme

Why do you think I turned over to QVC half way through the nut pulling bit...

Cheers

Likes (received)

Originally posted by monkeyboy_ssj
    I stopped recording that channel and switched over to QVC to look at the nice carpet cleaners
    You sure it was QVC or channel 995

W.H. Northcote

Likes (received)

Originally posted by The Nephilim
    You sure it was QVC or channel 995
    988, Red Hot House Wives is better...

I mean...The Disney channel...yes the DISNEY CHANNEL!!!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast