Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need donations to keep e-Budo alive & well!!

Likes (received)
    Blog Entries

Another two days without a single donation....

C'mon people, let's get this Web-site put to bed so we can all keep enjoying it!

Please send me your donations, no matter how small - I'd like to pay Orionweb in full by the end of this week, & I need $152.78 to make that happen.

Please, & thank you!!

Ken

Likes (received)

Come on people, considering how useful E-budo has been to us, I'm sure we can all spare USD 10 or so...

Likes (received)

Who is the go-forward owner of the site, is it John? If so.....

Do we know what John's position is on this its continuation?

The site can't be saved if the owner decides he wants it shutdown. John may have had a good reason for stepping away for this thing. John is a pretty smart guy.
    Ed Boyd

Likes (received)
    Blog Entries

Yes, the Web-site's owner is John Lindsey, Ed, & no, we have no idea how he feels about keeping e-Budo.com up & running. But we're going on the premise that if a group of us takes the payment load off, John will have no reason to shut down the site.

The alternative is to let the site die by attrition, & that's not what we want to have happen, so I stepped forward to lead the charge to bring the payments to Orionweb up to date, & even a year ahead. John could still decide to close down the site, but I haven't heard that he's spiteful. If he would communicate, it would allow us to do more planning, but for now, the best we can hope for is to maintain the status quo.

Ken

Likes (received)
    Blog Entries

I've had only $50 in donations over the past week, & am still $102.78 short of paying off Orionweb.

Isn't there anyone else out there who is interested enough in keeping e-Budo up & running to help out with this?? Now is the time, people!!

Ken

Likes (received)

Had to reactivate my PayPal account but will be sending a modest donation within my budgetary means! Hopefully others will see the sticky and pitch in.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)
    Blog Entries

Well, we're still limping along, awaiting a few more donations to pay off Orionweb & get that albatross off our shoulders.

Please help!

Thanks!
    Ken

Likes (received)

Just donated. Thank you for taking the lead on this. I don't visit as often as I used to but I always get something out of this site and would hate to see it shut down. Please keep us posted on the progress.

Rob
    Rob Canestrari

Likes (received)
    Blog Entries

Exclamation We're done!!

With a couple of last-minute donations, we are finally done & paid in full with Orionweb for both the arrears & through the end of this year!

I want to thank the 18 of us who thought e-Budo.com was important enough to donate the $780.00 that we were behind - it took a couple of weeks to collect those funds, but I'm happy to say that it's now all behind us.

Anders, I would like to send out an e-mail blast to all e-Budo members letting them know what has happened; that should bring more traffic back to the Web-site; please e-mail me at jssh@catii.com & we can compose the message.

And if someone else would like to handle this collection for next year, I'm ready & willing to pass on the torch!

Aloha!
    Ken
    Ken Goldstein
    --------------------------------
    Judo Kodansha/MJER Iaido Kodansha/Jodo Oku-iri
    Fencing Master/NRA Instructor

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it'll annoy enough people to be worth the effort."

Likes (received)

Glad we're back in the black.
    Now let's see some content!
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Just wanted to say "thank you" to:

-Ken for taking the lead on this.

-Anyone whom donated for helping out.

-The Mods for donating their time to answer questions.

-Anyone I may have left out

Thank you!!!!!
    Chris Thomas

"While people are entitled to their illusions, they are not entitled to a limitless enjoyment of them and they are not entitled to impose them upon others."

"Team Cynicism" MVP 2005-2006
    Currently on "Injured/Reserve" list due to a scathing Sarcasm pile-up.

Likes (received)

I'm hoping that any donations by Paypal or check that go past the arrears amount, will be applied to the web host's monthly charge.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)
    Blog Entries

Cady, I received your & one other donation after I made payment to Orionweb. I decided to refund both of your donations as I don't want to get too far ahead.

Would you like to take over next year's donation collection?

Ken

Likes (received)

Hi Ken,
    I thought we were going to continue to pay Orion monthly to keep the account up to date. Am wondering whether George K. or other moderator could create an online fund to keep that going so we don't have to pay arrears annually. I'm not set up to handle Paypal or other money-handling system... it would require establishing a non-profit account and gets too complicated legal-wise. A one-shot deal as you did it, is admirable but, IMO, not a great idea for the long run.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)
    Blog Entries

We're paid up through the end of 2013, Cady. Web hosting services like Orionweb prefer to be paid annually, rather than monthly, to minimize paperwork, & I can't say that I blame them.

I stepped up to get us out of the hole, but don't want to remain the lead on getting them paid each year. Ideally, John would handle this task, of course, but any moderator should also be able to collect donations & forward the funds to Orionweb.

Ken

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast