Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Provoking Radical Islamists

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    8
    Likes (received)
    1

    Default Provoking Radical Islamists

    Quote Originally Posted by Carina Reinhardt View Post
    Hi Kit,
    .... Im not defending the solution of conflicts by violence, but I also think that we should respect other religions .
    The problem is that the radical Islamist's do not respect other religions and they are ready to use violence to set up a world caliphate as the Koran teaches. It is the political component of Islam which makes it dangerous. Ignoring it will not make it go away. Using violence in response to a cartoon is unacceptable. We believe in freedom or we do not.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maspalomas, Gran Canaria, Spain
    Posts
    230
    Likes (received)
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiro View Post
    The problem is that the radical Islamist's do not respect other religions and they are ready to use violence to set up a world caliphate as the Koran teaches. It is the political component of Islam which makes it dangerous. Ignoring it will not make it go away. Using violence in response to a cartoon is unacceptable. We believe in freedom or we do not.
    We believe in freedom, but always respecting others creeds. And it is not sane to provoke fanatic people.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    68
    Likes (received)
    5

    Default

    The discussion of the militarization of police is, by and large, gear-centric because it is easier to see the APC, the level III plate carriers, the M4s, etc. and be aghast than it is to talk about the licentious relationship with violence that some of our police have.

    I'd not advocate for the Barney Fife & His Trusty .38 type of policing: the world is a different, and in some respects more dangerous, place. But, as said above, the gear may not be the problem but the gear is emblematic of a general disassociation of the police from the public. The article's point that constitutional rights have become more and more viewed as an impediment to the practice of law enforcement than the very pillar upon which law and its enforcement are built is well taken. We as a people shouldn't be pleased with the number of unarmed black men showing up dead, neither served nor protected by our police.

    What is odd to me is that the answer to the latter problem is in many ways to be more of a warrior. Running willingly towards danger, not away, with a ready and calm heart is the point. If your training has inured you to the stress associated with violence, made fear your companion, and otherwise prepared you for a fight, when the fight comes, you can make informed and meaningful choices. For example, not shooting an unarmed man in the back as he runs--rather slowly!--away.

    There is a time and place for the fancy toys: high-risk arrest warrants, active shooters, terrorism, etc.

  4. Likes DCS liked this post
  5. #4
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    8
    Likes (received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carina Reinhardt View Post
    We believe in freedom, but always respecting others creeds. And it is not sane to provoke fanatic people.
    Are you really saying that you respect a creed that believes MURDER is okay? How about stoning to death a woman who was raped? Cutting off hands for theft, lashes for gambling, a death sentence for changing your religion or writing a book that someone doesn't like? These radical Islamist's become offended at any who disagree or criticize them for any reason. This goes way beyond someone drawing an offensive cartoon. Seriously? You respect a creed that drives people to commit murder? These "fanatic" people follow a creed and you are saying their creed deserves respect?

  6. Likes DCS liked this post
  7. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maspalomas, Gran Canaria, Spain
    Posts
    230
    Likes (received)
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiro View Post
    Are you really saying that you respect a creed that believes MURDER is okay? How about stoning to death a woman who was raped? Cutting off hands for theft, lashes for gambling, a death sentence for changing your religion or writing a book that someone doesn't like? These radical Islamist's become offended at any who disagree or criticize them for any reason. This goes way beyond someone drawing an offensive cartoon. Seriously? You respect a creed that drives people to commit murder? These "fanatic" people follow a creed and you are saying their creed deserves respect?
    I didn't say that, I just said, that one should not publish drawings which offense someone's believing. We should respect their religion !

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    68
    Likes (received)
    5

    Default

    Is this really how this thread is going to go?

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maspalomas, Gran Canaria, Spain
    Posts
    230
    Likes (received)
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No1'sShowMonkey View Post
    Is this really how this thread is going to go?
    No, that is my last comment in this thread

    https://www.facebook.com/ajplusengli...4813654660146/

  10. #8
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    8
    Likes (received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carina Reinhardt View Post
    I didn't say that, I just said, that one should not publish drawings which offense someone's believing. We should respect their religion !
    Then you respect these radicals right to do these things because it's their religion that tells them that what they're doing is right. You don't seem to understand how offensive your comments are. I'm done.

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    6,226
    Likes (received)
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiro View Post
    You don't seem to understand how offensive your comments are.
    Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about your comments.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

  12. Likes Cliff Judge liked this post
  13. #10
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    8
    Likes (received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Owens View Post
    Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about your comments.
    Like I said... I'm done. Sorry I let her annoy me with her comments.

  14. #11
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    520
    Likes (received)
    72

    Default

    Hey guys I've moved these posts to their own thread. Please keep the discussion civil like you have so far.

    A very good friend of mine and fellow officer is from Iraq and his views have colored my own. He has had two cousins beheaded by radical Islamists and his immediate family fled their ranch just days before ISIS rolled in and stole it like the thieves they are. Their religion is a false pretense to act like animals and I personally see little reason to respect them. I have very little respect for these murderous thugs, what ever their world view is. There is no justification for their actions, but I have issues with rape, human trafficking and torturing of women and children regardless of what culture they are from. I do not subscribe to relativism as a justification for their actions. That's just me though. YMMV.

    Cheers,
    Chris
    Christopher Covington

    Daito-ryu aikijujutsu
    Kashima Shinden Jikishinkage-ryu heiho

    All views expressed here are my own and don't necessarily represent the views of the arts I practice, the teachers and people I train with or any dojo I train in.

  15. Likes CEB, pgsmith, Ichiro liked this post
  16. #12
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,178
    Likes (received)
    346

    Default

    Thanks for doing that Chris - can the thread itself maybe go in the Lounge? Got nothing to do with the subject matter.
    Kit Leblanc

  17. Likes Brian Owens liked this post
  18. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    6,226
    Likes (received)
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hissho View Post
    ...can the thread itself maybe go in the Lounge? Got nothing to do with the subject matter.
    I agree; not related to CQC, or Budo in general.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

  19. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Maspalomas, Gran Canaria, Spain
    Posts
    230
    Likes (received)
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hissho View Post
    Thanks for doing that Chris - can the thread itself maybe go in the Lounge? Got nothing to do with the subject matter.
    But you started it
    Quote Originally Posted by Hissho View Post
    Sadly Carina I don't think Europeans are immune, lest we forget incidents like Anders Breivik who racked up a body count worthy of multiple shooters, and of course Charlie Hebdo attest.

  20. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Hiroshima, Japan.
    Posts
    2,546
    Likes (received)
    148

    Default

    The thread has been moved to the Members' Lounge.
    Peter Goldsbury,
    Forum Administrator,
    Hiroshima, Japan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Thought Provoking Blog on Jujutsu
    By Neil Hawkins in forum Jujutsu
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 8th November 2010, 03:00
  2. Thought-provoking Blog
    By kenkyusha in forum Aikido
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 15th February 2006, 20:17
  3. The nerve of the radical left.
    By joe yang in forum Member's Lounge
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 14th February 2004, 02:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •