Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Provoking Radical Islamists

Likes (received)

No Carina, not the provoking militants discussion. That one is for you and those interested in it.

Likes (received)

I was thinking in telling Cady all this in spanish, but then I thought, that she has enough to do other than translate anything, so I'll try to explain it with my poor vocabulary.
    First of all if you would have done the splitting of this thread one day before, I wouldn't have published my latest article, which is not meant for a great audience, it is meant for the readers of my blog, the readers of AAUSA and also Golden Center in Facebook, friendly people with open minds.

You treated this part of the thread like a hot potato, because most of you thought that I was defending the radical islamist, so you didn't know what to do, so why not to the Lounge?

Quote Originally Posted by Hissho View Post
    Sadly Carina I don't think Europeans are immune, lest we forget incidents like Anders Breivik who racked up a body count worthy of multiple shooters, and of course Charlie Hebdo attest.
    Kit you named Charlie Hebdo, and it has nothing to do with "Close Quarter combatives". So I was trying to keep this thread on the budo way.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Owens View Post
    I agree; not related to CQC, or Budo in general.
    Brian: it has to do with budo! And it has to do with budo because it is about awareness.
    Just tell me Kit what would you do, if there was a man with a bomb in his backpack, threaten to blow himself up in a shopping center full of people? Would you provoke him, or would you try to calm him down? That was what I was trying to say, you should not provoke insane people, you should protect others. So I repeated to respect the religion of others, most of all if we are talking about fanatic people, I think it is the first rule about how to treat crazy people. And it is the way of budo.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Carina Reinhardt View Post
    First of all if you would have done the splitting of this thread one day before, I wouldn't have published my latest article, which is not meant for a great audience, it is meant for the readers of my blog, the readers of AAUSA and also Golden Center in Facebook, friendly people with open minds.

You treated this part of the thread like a hot potato, because most of you thought that I was defending the radical islamist, so you didn't know what to do, so why not to the Lounge?

Hello Carina,

The thread was split as a result of my suggestion (made on May 20) and I suggested it because I believe that discussing issues concerning Islamic radicalism is not an essential part of close-quarter combatives. The issues were important enough to warrant their own thread. I certainly did not suggest this because it was a hot potato and I do not believe for one minute that you are supporting Islamic radicalism.

Best wishes,
    Peter Goldsbury,
    Forum Administrator,
    Hiroshima, Japan

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Carina Reinhardt View Post
    We believe in freedom, but always respecting others creeds. And it is not sane to provoke fanatic people.
    Would it have been sane to provoke the Nazis? Chamberlain tried appeasement starting in 1937 and see what became of that.
    Last edited by CEB; 28th May 2015 at 22:14.
    Ed Boyd

5. Likes Ichiro, elder999 liked this post
    Likes (received)

Frankly, I don't think you'll ever find a person who has more respect for all creeds than I do.

That said, "Radical" Islam is a product of tribalism and medieval thinking-not Islam.

It is no more deserving of respect than the Wurtsboro Baptist Church is as a Christian Church, or the radical Zionists (who we never hear much about) in Israel.
    Aaron J. Cuffee

As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    - H.L. Mencken

7. Likes Ichiro, pgsmith, martin kelley liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2