Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Is Judo Dead?

Likes (received)

Default Is Judo Dead?

This site is as dead as a door nail. Why not shit can it? Maybe Judo is back in an era when I started in 1952; a little known mysterious magic art when no one did. All I see now days is thugs doing MMA or BJJ pretending to be a martial art of some kind. Such as total waste of time.

Likes (received)

Jeff,
    The site is more of an archive of good info from bygone days. We keep it going because it costs little to do so, requires minimal maintenance, and if someone is looking for writings and discussions by some of the top practitioners of koryu and gendai in the Western countries, mostly, there is some great material that it would be a shame to toss.

But yeah, it is kind of like a ghost freighter that keeps drifting in the vast sea of obscurity.

As for judo, where I live there are several decent dojo in reasonable driving distance. I'm going to be starting training at a small traditional dojo nearby, this winter. It's not dead.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

I was being kind of witty, so to speak. Being the last Judo I did was in 1989, or 32 years ago; when I practiced for 37 years prior to then, it was a thought or dream and I just had to express it here. Or something like that. I miss all of my old late Judo buddies and often will come here in hopes of making contact with someone still above room temperature.

Someone sent me a link to video of Ben Campbell talking about the old Judo days, then quite by accident I turned on a NPR TV channel to see old Ben in another video of his life and was astounded by the confidence. Was some old ghost Judo friend sending me a message! Yeah, getting old make one think of such silly things.

Anyway, thanks for the post and hang in there; and also thanks for keeping this forum alive.

Jeff